School Supplies Changing Lives
An Internship Experience
Do you want to change the world? Have you ever thought of starting your own business or organization? Do you love social media and want to use it for good? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, Dot Products has the internship for you. Dot is a startup school supply retailer focused on educating children around the world. The Dot Intern will be a hybrid (in-office and virtual) role focused mostly on social media,
product development, and administrative tasks throughout the fall 2014 semester.
Roles + Responsibilities will include:
• Creating social media campaigns and scheduling weekly posts and Dot Community Emails
• Researching new products and potential partners around the globe and communicating with current suppliers and partners as necessary.
• General administrative tasks such as creating spreadsheets or packaging orders.
• Monitoring Dot Products social media pages
• Fun! At Dot, we believe in collaboration and fun. Have a great idea that you think may work? We’ll try it. We believe that college students are the change makers of tomorrow and we want to help you grow. As the Dot Intern, you’ll be a crucial part of the team, and we want you to feel important and spend your time doing things that help us make a difference. Plus, Hallie doesn’t like coffee so no worries about having to make coffee runs!
•Other projects as assigned
• Enrolled in local Jackson/Clinton, MS area college
• Must be fluent with Microsoft Office. Graphic design skills a plus.
• Social media enthusiast!
• International missions-based travel experiences a plus.
• The ideal candidate will be passionate about school supplies, education, and poverty alleviation. He or she will also be creative, organized and work well individually and as part of a team.
We ask for 10-15 hours per week. The internship is scheduled to start on September 16th and end December 4th. Hours are flexible and will be based around school schedule.
This is an unpaid internship. Dot Products will work with your college or university to make sure you receive college credit.
Think you’re a great fit for the job outlined above? Send the following information to Hallie@dotproducts.org by September 5 to apply:
• Your name / Name of College or University / Year in School
• Your resume and brief cover page explaining your interest in Dot Products
• Links to your social media pages and blog, if applicable
• Tell us about yourself in tweet format (140 characters or less!)
• Answer to the question “If I was any school supply, I’d be _______ because…”
***Don't fit the criteria but still want to be a Dot Intern? Wow us with your creativity and we'll check you out!